His Excellency, Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu approved scholarships to qualified Kebbi State indigenes in different institutions during his administrations first year in office. Governor Bagudu emphasizes the value of education for the growth and development of Kebbi State.
The Kebbi State Scholarship Board conducted interviews and verification exercises for the awards of scholarships for tuition fees, registration fees and other charges. The interviews and verifications are an on going exercise.
Interviews and authentication of Kebbi State indigenes commenced from 19th October, 2015 with directors drawn from the Ministry of Science & Technology, Ministry of Education and its parastatals as members of the verification teams. So far the State has received 22,665 applications.
In this regard, Governor Bagudu directed the Scholarship Board to inform Kebbi State indigenes who gained admission or are currently studying in any tertiary institution across the country to apply for scholarships. The application process is continuing, with more schools expected to be approved for payment for qualified students only.
Below is a list of of names of institutions and the amounts paid:
1. Medical students in India: N162,282,900.00
2. Medical students in Sudan: N97,256,250.00
3. B.A. French students one year immersion course at Badagry, Lagos, Lome & Togo: N1,500,000.00
4. Usmanu Danfodio University students, Sokoto: N130,051,000.00
5. Federal University, Birnin Kebbi students: N43,853,700.00
6. Ahmadu Bello University students: N7,735,500.00
7. Sokoto State polytechnic students: N6,325,000.00
8. AlQalam University, Katsina: N4,290,000.00
9. Federal College of Education Kontagora: N2,507,200.00
North West University Kano: N948,000.00
10. Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi: N64,214,000.00
11. Federal University of Science and Technology, Minna: N948,900.00
12. Kaduna State Polytechnic: N784,700.00